The best July 4th memories for me and most Americans usually have to do with a lot of “F” words…you know food, family, fireworks and of course freedom. And while this 236th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence and the formal announcement of America’s end as a British colony is the real root of the celebration it sometimes gives way to root beer floats, loaded hamburgers, hot dogs galore and of course some tater’ salad.
Freedom! Yes, from our diet for the day where we can indulge in a menu that sparks memories of childhood laughter and family celebrations. From California to the New York islands millions of small-town Americans and city dwellers alike will line parade routes, watch fireworks, attend concerts, family gatherings and eat.
Everyone has their favorite July 4th menu. But here are a few of the classic, delicious, and quick and easy items that I will be serving and celebrating with on this Independence Day.
The Best Fourth of July Menu
- All-American Burgers
The burger is the centerpiece of any July 4th menu. A few hints on keeping them moist and delicious is to use 80/20 ground beef and add Worchestershire sauce to the mix. You can also decorate the burger and your fixings table with the colors of the holiday from red ketchup , to alternative cheeses like crumbly blue cheese to white onions.
- Corn on the Cob
My favorite vegetable can get downright special when you grill it and add new twists like a sprinkle of cheese or a herb butter mix .
- Potato Salad
My family has been known to have a my potato salad is better than yours beef on July 4th. There are many different ways to spice up the flavor and make the dish your own from the vegetables you add to the base of either Mayo, Miracle Whip or Mustard.
- Fruit Salad
Starting with a great watermelon and adding the best berries of the season gives you a colorful and flavorful salad that everyone can use as an excuse…Well, I did eat some fruit with those burgers!
What’s a celebration without cake! From flag cake to pound cake it’s on the menu for July 4th.
- Phylencia Taylor’s New Book ‘Evolving Beauty’ Is A Must Have Guide For Beauty Influencers And Brands - April 5, 2016
- Powerful Film “Breathe” Puts A Spotlight On The Dangers Of Preeclampsia Every Black Woman Should Know - March 31, 2016
- The White House Blog! All About The Let’s Move! Campaign - March 30, 2016
- James Corden Takes A Spin With Jlo And Hilariously Texts Leo DiCaprio - March 30, 2016
- Photographer Captures “Smiling” Shark That Looks Just Like Bruce From Finding Nemo - March 28, 2016
- Everything You Want To Know About “The Jungle Book” Movie - March 25, 2016
- What Holy Week Is All About - March 25, 2016
- Hair Blogging And Why It’s Important - March 21, 2016
- Pour Judgment Can Help You To Drink Your Way Thin - March 17, 2016
- Easter Ideas That Are Healthy, Delicious and Fun - March 17, 2011