So February 13th has been declared National Break-Up Day. Someone somewhere has seen fit to pay tribute to the breakup with a national day. And it is fitting after all. We have given so much for it, so much for this thing that we now need to break from. Why not take a moment to acknowledge that. Why not take a moment to grieve the break up or to perhaps to celebrate it…and then to get on with it, the it being living.
Have you ever been in a dead in relationship? Umm, hmm. Now, I know I’m not the only one. If you haven’t just wait, there will come a time. A time when you will hear yourself say, “What in the H, E, double hockey sticks am I doing?” A time when you wanted to hit someone over the head with a box of heart shaped chocolates with all of their “I need you talk” and their “we should stay together talk”.
So here’s to it. Here’s my ode to the one(s) I am breaking up with this National Break-Up Day. “So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye.” And now it’s time to name names. So here goes. I am breaking up with (and there is a drum roll going on in my head right now) “guilt over what I ate last night”, “guilt over what I should have ate last night”, “not making it to the gym to tone my arms, cause they do make sleeves”, “heart disease”, “any kind of disease”, “not getting all of the laundry done”, “not getting any laundry done”, “contracts that don’t make sense”, “not being the perfect mom”, “not being the perfect wife”, “not being the perfect Christian”, “not getting all of my work done” and generally “crying over spilled milk”.
Oh, this breakup is not about a man in my life it’s about the woman in me. It’s about fully being my best and knowing that that is a work in progress and embracing that and learning from it. I don’t know everything about breakups but I do know that for me and for my breakup list we are never, ever, ever getting back together.
- Holiday Travel Tips That Will Keep You Healthy - December 16, 2014
- Amal Alamuddin Named Most Fascinating Person of 2014 - December 15, 2014
- Anika Noni Rose As Princess Tiana On Sofia The First: First Look - December 9, 2014
- Kate Middleton In New York City! (Details And Pictures!) - December 9, 2014
- Everything You Want To Know About The 2015 Grammy Nominations - December 9, 2014
- Quick Fix For Dry Mascara - December 5, 2014
- Three Year Old Donates Hair For Kids With Cancer - December 4, 2014
- Ate Too Much? Here’s The Food Hangover Tips You Need - November 28, 2014
- Who Has The Best Black Friday Deals - November 27, 2014
- Dancing With The Stars Season 19 Winner Announced! - November 26, 2014