Let’s face it we have ALL done it. We flubbed. Made a mistake. Had an Uh-Oh moment. Here’s the Wall. Bang head here. Imagine how you would feel if that or those moments were exposed for oh, a billion people to see. During Super Bowl XLV Christina Aguilera flubbed the lyrics to the national anthem.
You’ve got the biggest anthem gig in the world, there are millions of people watching and U.S. Troops are in the war zone. PRESSURE. You also have the exuberance and electricity of the moment happening. In a statement released to the Associated Press, Aguilera says the Star-Spangled Banner slip-up was caused by simply getting “lost” in the song.
“I got so lost in the moment of the song that I lost my place,” she said. But Xtina hopes, repeated lyrics aside, viewers still felt the passion in her performance. Instead of singing, “O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming,” the pop star sang, “What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last gleaming?” (changing “hailed” to “watched” the second time around).
My husband who is a national recording artist has toured around the world, worked with the top names in entertainment and performed live countless times. Of all of these times, the only times I get exceptionally nervous for him is when he sings the national anthem. People have passion for it. As though they should. But it does add to the pressure of performing the song flawlessly.
No one will remember the flub more than Christina Aguilera. Which is what happens to us all when we make a mistake. Although the flub was an unfortunate one Aguilera handled it like a professional. A lesson we all can learn. In her statement to the Associated Press Aguilera went on to say, “I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through.” No worries Christina your performance was “Beautiful”.
- Here’s What Wearing A Waist Trainer Is Really Like - November 18, 2015
- UPTOWN Magazine + Kia #GameChangers Twitter Party - November 17, 2015
- Find Your Beauty Needs At BSW Beauty - October 2, 2015
- Jennifer Lopez Just Reminded Us Why We Love Fall - October 21, 2015
- Beyonce And Nicki Minaj Perform ‘Feeling Myself’ at Tidal X - October 21, 2015
- Chrissy Teigen And John Legend Are Expecting! - October 12, 2015
- President Obama Gives Kanye West The Best Political Advice Ever - October 12, 2015
- Raven, Your Name Means Black - October 10, 2015
- Lancome Counter Makeover At Macy’s - October 9, 2015
- Best Paris Fashion Week Looks From The Front Row to The Runway - October 6, 2015