Let’s face it we have ALL done it. We flubbed. Made a mistake. Had an Uh-Oh moment. Here’s the Wall. Bang head here. Imagine how you would feel if that or those moments were exposed for oh, a billion people to see. During Super Bowl XLV Christina Aguilera flubbed the lyrics to the national anthem.
You’ve got the biggest anthem gig in the world, there are millions of people watching and U.S. Troops are in the war zone. PRESSURE. You also have the exuberance and electricity of the moment happening. In a statement released to the Associated Press, Aguilera says the Star-Spangled Banner slip-up was caused by simply getting “lost” in the song.
“I got so lost in the moment of the song that I lost my place,” she said. But Xtina hopes, repeated lyrics aside, viewers still felt the passion in her performance. Instead of singing, “O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming,” the pop star sang, “What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last gleaming?” (changing “hailed” to “watched” the second time around).
My husband who is a national recording artist has toured around the world, worked with the top names in entertainment and performed live countless times. Of all of these times, the only times I get exceptionally nervous for him is when he sings the national anthem. People have passion for it. As though they should. But it does add to the pressure of performing the song flawlessly.
No one will remember the flub more than Christina Aguilera. Which is what happens to us all when we make a mistake. Although the flub was an unfortunate one Aguilera handled it like a professional. A lesson we all can learn. In her statement to the Associated Press Aguilera went on to say, “I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through.” No worries Christina your performance was “Beautiful”.
- Phylencia Taylor’s New Book ‘Evolving Beauty’ Is A Must Have Guide For Beauty Influencers And Brands - April 5, 2016
- Powerful Film “Breathe” Puts A Spotlight On The Dangers Of Preeclampsia Every Black Woman Should Know - March 31, 2016
- The White House Blog! All About The Let’s Move! Campaign - March 30, 2016
- James Corden Takes A Spin With Jlo And Hilariously Texts Leo DiCaprio - March 30, 2016
- Photographer Captures “Smiling” Shark That Looks Just Like Bruce From Finding Nemo - March 28, 2016
- Everything You Want To Know About “The Jungle Book” Movie - March 25, 2016
- What Holy Week Is All About - March 25, 2016
- Hair Blogging And Why It’s Important - March 21, 2016
- Pour Judgment Can Help You To Drink Your Way Thin - March 17, 2016
- Easter Ideas That Are Healthy, Delicious and Fun - March 17, 2011