I can’t even say chocolate without getting hungry. Yes, it’s serious when it comes to my love for chocolate. Chocolate is not only delicious but it can be healthy. I know, as if I needed an excuse to consume more chocolate. The health benefits for eating dark chocolate abound.
Dark Chocolate Benefits
- Powerful Source of Antioxidants.
- Dark Chocolate May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure.
- Dark Chocolate Raises HDL and Protects LDL Against Oxidation.
But chocolate isn’t just yummy in your tummy it’s yummy on your skin also. Using chocolate to great a glowing skin is something that has been done for centuries and is one of those things I learned about the hard way but delicious way.
Such as that awkward moment when I slowly turned around realizing that I left my daughter alone with dipping chocolate was the awkward moment when I learned the benefits of a chocolate facial.
How can you get mad at a yummy face covered in equally yummy chocolate? You don’t you just laugh and slather some on your face too. The crazy thing is that our skin seemed to actually glow when I removed the chocolate from our faces.
I knew I was on to something here so I studied up and perfected a number of chocolate face mask recipes that are excellent for skin care.
Chocolate has been known to reduce wrinkles, hydrate the skin, aid in removing dead skin cells generally being a good moisturizer and helping to rejuvenate the skin.
Here are a number of ways that you can make your own Chocolate Facial Mask.
The first option is one of my favorites because it allows me multi-task! I can get rid of some of the extra chocolate that is lurking around my house especially during holiday times like Halloween, Easter and Christmas and use it in this recipe and it gives me an excuse to use it on my face instead of eating it. Doesn’t always work but a girl can try. This option is more of a Chocolate Face Scrub.
- 2 bars of dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup of milk
- Sea salt
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Optional a few drops of peppermint oil or vanilla extract.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave, add in sea salt, brown sugar and milk to the mixture. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool. Apply it to your face while cool but not hardened. Leave it on your skin for 5 – 15 minutes or until it hardens. Wash off with warm water.
This is my go to lazy girl Chocolate face mask recipe. So often I want to do something healthy for my skin but don’t have time for heating, stirring and the whole bit. I just want a few simple ingredients that are effective. This is definitely a great Chocolate face mask recipe for the
lazy girl efficient girl in all of us.
- 2 spoons of cocoa
- 1 spoon of olive oil
- 1 spoon brown sugar
- A few drops of peppermint or vanilla extracts (optional)
- Mix these well together. Scrub your face in circular motion to remove all dead cells
I love this option as these are ingredients we almost all have in our pantry; cocoa powder, honey and yogurt. I use honey in some many beauty treatments! Honey acts as a humectant and the yogurt soothes the skin. This mask really helps rehydrate the skin.
- 5 spoons of cocoa powder
- 2 spoon of honey
- 3 spoon yogurt
- Mix these well together. Rub onto your face and let sit for 15 minutes and then remove.
- Olaf’s Frozen Adventure Is Hitting Theaters And You Won’t Be Able To Let It Go! - November 15, 2017
- New Songs From Olaf’s Frozen Adventure - November 15, 2017
- Disney Pixar’s “Coco” Pretty Premiere Pictures! - November 9, 2017
- My Thor Ragnarok Red Carpet Experience #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 4, 2017
- THOR RAGNAROK Fun Facts! #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 3, 2017
- THOR RAGNAROK Is Marvel Movie Magic: Review #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 3, 2017
- The Lion King Remakes Full Cast And Their Character Pictures - November 2, 2017
- Beyonce Announces She Is In Lion King! We And The Rest Of The World Freak Out - November 2, 2017
- THOR RAGNAROK’s Tessa Thompson Wants An All Female Superhero Film And We’re Here For It #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 1, 2017
- THOR RAGNAROK – Press Conference Inside Scoop #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 1, 2017