Eating on the go sometimes gets a bad wrap. Figuratively, Moms with a busy lifestyle are sometimes meant to feel bad if their family consumes fast food meals on busy days. And literally, if you pick the wrong spot or the wrong menu choice a bad wrap can mean consuming empty calories. And well, my calories need to count and need to taste good.
So what are some things that you should consider when eating on the go? A diet rich in fruit, vegetables, lean protein and whole grains is what helps make up a healthy and well balanced eating for the whole family. Incorporating menu choices that offer these items is what we should shoot for when ordering fast food and eating on the go.
So here are three simple healthy tips when making fast food menu choices.
Look to add vegetables to you sandwich. Vegetables like tomatoes, lettuce, onions and peppers are low in fat but contain good amounts of vitamins and minerals along with dietary fiber.
Order fruit instead of fries. Fruit like apples and bananas contains antioxidants which help protect the body from disease and help boost our immunity.
Choose whole wheat bread. Whole grains contain bran and the germ of the grain which contain powerful nutrients which actually take longer to be absorbed by the body and actually make you feel fuller. Whole grains can improve your cardiovascular health and reduce metabolic syndrome.
One of my favorite restaurants for on the go eating is Subway. A great choice is their Fresh Fit meal which pairs a low fat sandwich with a “better for you” side such as apples or lite yogurt or baked chips and a sensible beverages such as 100% juice, low fat milk, bottled water or FUZE fresh brewed green tea.
- I’m Headed To The A Wrinkle In Time Red Carpet Premiere! #AWrinkleInTimeEvent - February 22, 2018
- Black Panther Director Ryan Coogler Breaks Down A Scene And It’s Deep! #BlackPantherEvent - February 21, 2018
- Black Panther Is Visually Stunning. Here’s Who Made It Happen #BlackPantherEvent - February 20, 2018
- The Gifts That Every Black Panther Fan Needs #BlackPantherEvent - February 16, 2018
- Newcomer Winston Duke And Veteran Andy Serkis Spill On Black Panther #BlackPantherEvent - February 15, 2018
- My Black Panther Press Conference Experience (#SoLit) #BlackPantherEvent - February 14, 2018
- My Chat With Anthony Gonzalez “Miguel” From Disney Pixar’s Coco #CocoBluRay - February 13, 2018
- Chris Harrison Dishes On The Bachelor Winter Games #TheBachelorWinterGames - February 12, 2018
- Exclusive With Breakout Stars: Letitia Wright and Daniel Kaluuya Talk #BlackPantherEvent - February 9, 2018
- Exclusive: Forest Whitaker Dishes On Black Panther #BlackPantherEvent - February 8, 2018