Are you one of those who will be knocking on wood, avoiding ladders and black cats like crazy on Friday the 13th? If so you have a serious case of Paraskevidekatriaphobia (fear of Friday the 13th). In terms of being superstitious you won’t be alone. 95% of people admit to being superstitious of something.
There have been some bad occurrences on Friday the 13th. A giant storm hit Buffalo on Friday October 13th 2006 which of course I was smack dab in the middle of. And what is eerie is that a bad storm is swirling about today Friday January 13, 2012.
Some say that origins of calling Friday the 13th an unlucky day date back to Christianity when 13 people attended the last supper on a Friday. And Judas betrayed Jesus. That definitely wasn’t a good day but… it ultimately resulted in good for us all.
Wallstreet hasn’t traditionally fared well on Friday the 13th but Warren Buffet has never backed off it. And alas I gotta get out in this storm. So, I won’t let Friday the 13th stop me from doing anything. But I will avoid anyone coming at me with a ski mask snow storm or not.
What do you think about Friday the 13th? Unlucky or not?
- Phylencia Taylor’s New Book ‘Evolving Beauty’ Is A Must Have Guide For Beauty Influencers And Brands - April 5, 2016
- Powerful Film “Breathe” Puts A Spotlight On The Dangers Of Preeclampsia Every Black Woman Should Know - March 31, 2016
- The White House Blog! All About The Let’s Move! Campaign - March 30, 2016
- James Corden Takes A Spin With Jlo And Hilariously Texts Leo DiCaprio - March 30, 2016
- Photographer Captures “Smiling” Shark That Looks Just Like Bruce From Finding Nemo - March 28, 2016
- Everything You Want To Know About “The Jungle Book” Movie - March 25, 2016
- What Holy Week Is All About - March 25, 2016
- Hair Blogging And Why It’s Important - March 21, 2016
- Pour Judgment Can Help You To Drink Your Way Thin - March 17, 2016
- Easter Ideas That Are Healthy, Delicious and Fun - March 17, 2011