Are you one of those who will be knocking on wood, avoiding ladders and black cats like crazy on Friday the 13th? If so you have a serious case of Paraskevidekatriaphobia (fear of Friday the 13th). In terms of being superstitious you won’t be alone. 95% of people admit to being superstitious of something.
There have been some bad occurrences on Friday the 13th. A giant storm hit Buffalo on Friday October 13th 2006 which of course I was smack dab in the middle of. And what is eerie is that a bad storm is swirling about today Friday January 13, 2012.
Some say that origins of calling Friday the 13th an unlucky day date back to Christianity when 13 people attended the last supper on a Friday. And Judas betrayed Jesus. That definitely wasn’t a good day but… it ultimately resulted in good for us all.
Wallstreet hasn’t traditionally fared well on Friday the 13th but Warren Buffet has never backed off it. And alas I gotta get out in this storm. So, I won’t let Friday the 13th stop me from doing anything. But I will avoid anyone coming at me with a ski mask snow storm or not.
What do you think about Friday the 13th? Unlucky or not?
- First Picture Of Carrie Underwood’s Baby Boy Isaiah - March 30, 2015
- Kids Choice Awards 2015: The Fashion & Stars You Want To See - March 29, 2015
- See Destiny’s Child Reunited At The Stellar Awards! - March 29, 2015
- What Passion Sunday Is All About - March 29, 2015
- Quick Tips To Look Great In Minutes - March 23, 2015
- How To Get To Your Happy Place Again - March 12, 2015
- Why I Used A Belly Band And You Should Too - March 9, 2015
- What To Order At Fast Food Restaurants - March 6, 2015
- Win The Chance Of A Lifetime To Attend Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Premiere With Robert Downey Jr. - March 4, 2015
- All The Breathtaking Details About The Cinderella Movie And Premiere - March 4, 2015