Remember the perfect summer day? For me the perfect summer day included running, playing, splashing and then cooling it all off with the perfect treat, ice cream covered with Magic Shell. Magic Shell was and is that delicious chocolate that magically hardens over your ice cream to the delight of myself and the kid and even foodie in all of us.
Well, you don’t have to just dream about days of old you can create them and inspire those same memories in your children by making Magic Shell at home. And the magic is you can make it in a snap and with only two ingredients!
Most of us have some chocolate hanging out in our pantry at home. Grab that and a bit of coconut oil. Coconut oil is something you can find at your local grocery store. It may not be in every home but has been a part of mine for quite a while as Coconut Oil is my secret ingredient in many a homemade concoction.
Homemade Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce
- 8 ounces of chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
Place coconut oil in pan or double boiler and melt completely. Add chocolate ensuring that it is broken up if using bar form. Gently melt chocolate into the coconut oil until nice and smooth. Let the mixture cool for several minutes and then drizzle on your favorite ice cream.
You can even get fancy and add your favorite items like nuts and candy pieces and then let the magic shell happen.
- Queen For A Day! My #QueenOfKatwe Red Carpet Experience #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 23, 2016
- Walt Disney Records Releases The Soundtrack For Queen of Katwe, Including The Hit #1 Spice #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 23, 2016
- I’m Going To The Queen Of Katwe Premiere! And You’re Invited #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 16, 2016
- Dascha Polanco Star Of #OITNB Steps Out To #NYFW With No Pants…And Kills It - September 16, 2016
- Storm Reid To Star Alongside Oprah Winfrey In Ava DuVernay’s A WRINKLE IN TIME - September 15, 2016
- Watch Steve Harvey Hilariously Meet His Lookalike - September 15, 2016
- Queen Of Katwe Cast On The TIFF Red Carpet! #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 14, 2016
- Live And Learn Woman On The Move: PR Maven Helen C. Shelton - September 14, 2016
- Celebrate #RoaldDahlDay With His Best Quotes - September 13, 2016
- The Online Fashion Event Of The Year Is Here! #KiaStyle360NYFW Twitter Party 9/12 - September 11, 2016