Remember the perfect summer day? For me the perfect summer day included running, playing, splashing and then cooling it all off with the perfect treat, ice cream covered with Magic Shell. Magic Shell was and is that delicious chocolate that magically hardens over your ice cream to the delight of myself and the kid and even foodie in all of us.
Well, you don’t have to just dream about days of old you can create them and inspire those same memories in your children by making Magic Shell at home. And the magic is you can make it in a snap and with only two ingredients!
Most of us have some chocolate hanging out in our pantry at home. Grab that and a bit of coconut oil. Coconut oil is something you can find at your local grocery store. It may not be in every home but has been a part of mine for quite a while as Coconut Oil is my secret ingredient in many a homemade concoction.
Homemade Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce
- 8 ounces of chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
Place coconut oil in pan or double boiler and melt completely. Add chocolate ensuring that it is broken up if using bar form. Gently melt chocolate into the coconut oil until nice and smooth. Let the mixture cool for several minutes and then drizzle on your favorite ice cream.
You can even get fancy and add your favorite items like nuts and candy pieces and then let the magic shell happen.
- VMA Red Carpet Arrivals - August 30, 2015
- Remembering The King Of Pop - August 29, 2015
- Watch: Newlyweds Have The Best Wedding Dance Ever - August 29, 2015
- Drink Good Do Good Brings Produce To Food Deserts - August 20, 2015
- Watch Bugs Bunny And Friends Whip/Nae Nae - August 16, 2015
- I’m Behind The Scenes With Karrueche Tran And Hype Hair Magazine! - August 3, 2015
- #NationalLipstickDay Tutorial How To Get The Perfect Red Lips - July 29, 2015
- Remembering Bobbi Kristina And Learning From Her Passing - July 26, 2015
- The Reality Of Growing Up With Glasses (LOL Memes!) - July 21, 2015
- One Brilliant (And Free) Cure To “I’m Bored!” - July 20, 2015