Remember the perfect summer day? For me the perfect summer day included running, playing, splashing and then cooling it all off with the perfect treat, ice cream covered with Magic Shell. Magic Shell was and is that delicious chocolate that magically hardens over your ice cream to the delight of myself and the kid and even foodie in all of us.
Well, you don’t have to just dream about days of old you can create them and inspire those same memories in your children by making Magic Shell at home. And the magic is you can make it in a snap and with only two ingredients!
Most of us have some chocolate hanging out in our pantry at home. Grab that and a bit of coconut oil. Coconut oil is something you can find at your local grocery store. It may not be in every home but has been a part of mine for quite a while as Coconut Oil is my secret ingredient in many a homemade concoction.
Homemade Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce
- 8 ounces of chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
Place coconut oil in pan or double boiler and melt completely. Add chocolate ensuring that it is broken up if using bar form. Gently melt chocolate into the coconut oil until nice and smooth. Let the mixture cool for several minutes and then drizzle on your favorite ice cream.
You can even get fancy and add your favorite items like nuts and candy pieces and then let the magic shell happen.
- Best (And Easiest) Cookout Ideas! - July 2, 2015
- Pentatonix Honors Michael Jackson With An Epic Mashup Video - June 26, 2015
- 2016 Hollywood Walk of Famers List - June 25, 2015
- The Father Daughter Dance Duo You’ve Got To See - June 24, 2015
- On Wishes - June 22, 2015
- Oh Boy! Kim Kardashian Father’s Day Baby Gender Reveal - June 22, 2015
- The Riley Roundup: Riley Curry’s Cutest Moments - June 20, 2015
- Disney Pixar’s Inside Out Poster And Printables (Free!) - June 19, 2015
- Country Star Gives Deserving Dad Surprise of a Lifetime - June 19, 2015
- The True Colors Of A Superhero: Fantastic Four’s Michael B. Jordan - June 4, 2015