Remember the perfect summer day? For me the perfect summer day included running, playing, splashing and then cooling it all off with the perfect treat, ice cream covered with Magic Shell. Magic Shell was and is that delicious chocolate that magically hardens over your ice cream to the delight of myself and the kid and even foodie in all of us.
Well, you don’t have to just dream about days of old you can create them and inspire those same memories in your children by making Magic Shell at home. And the magic is you can make it in a snap and with only two ingredients!
Most of us have some chocolate hanging out in our pantry at home. Grab that and a bit of coconut oil. Coconut oil is something you can find at your local grocery store. It may not be in every home but has been a part of mine for quite a while as Coconut Oil is my secret ingredient in many a homemade concoction.
Homemade Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce
- 8 ounces of chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
Place coconut oil in pan or double boiler and melt completely. Add chocolate ensuring that it is broken up if using bar form. Gently melt chocolate into the coconut oil until nice and smooth. Let the mixture cool for several minutes and then drizzle on your favorite ice cream.
You can even get fancy and add your favorite items like nuts and candy pieces and then let the magic shell happen.
- Remembering Bobbi Kristina And Learning From Her Passing - July 26, 2015
- The Reality Of Growing Up With Glasses (LOL Memes!) - July 21, 2015
- One Brilliant (And Free) Cure To “I’m Bored!” - July 20, 2015
- The Scoop On #NationalIceCreamDay Freebies - July 19, 2015
- All About Ant-Man #AntManEvent - July 18, 2015
- How To Fake A Bang. No Cut Techniques! - July 17, 2015
- 2015 Primetime Emmy Award Nominations List - July 16, 2015
- 2015 Espy Awards Red Carpet Arrivals - July 15, 2015
- You Win Some, You Learn Some! Words To Grow By - July 15, 2015
- Brandy Sizzles On The Cover Of Uptown Magazine! - July 14, 2015