Is it okay to carve pumpkins? This is a question that commonly comes up around Halloween for Christians. This time of year is often met with controversy and it can hard to know what to do. What is pleasing to God? Is having a carved pumpkin an offense to God or against your faith?
And let’s face it. It’s pretty hard to avoid the subject of Halloween with the displays and barrage of television programming. Ultimately, what your church or your family does is up to you. However, there are ways to honor God at this time of year and to ensure that God is the center of your family’s celebrations.
One of my favorite ways is with the Pumpkin Prayer. As you carve the pumpkin and create it’s design you can teach your little ones how to pray to Jesus along with reminding yourself to seek God.
As I carve my pumpkin, help me pray this prayer:
Open my mind so that I can learn about You;
(cut the top off the pumpkin)
Take all my sin and forgive the wrong that I do.
(clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so Your love I will see;
I’m sorry for times I’ve turned up my nose at what You’ve given to me.
(cut a nose in the shape of a cross)
Open my ears so Your word I will hear;
(cut ears shaped like a Bible)
Open my mouth to tell others You’re near.
- Everything About The Tomorrowland Movie - May 23, 2015
- Patriotic Food How To: Oreo Cookie Balls - May 23, 2015
- Letterman Love On His Last Late Show - May 21, 2015
- Watch Now: Nicki Minaj Featuring Beyonce ‘Feeling Myself’ - May 18, 2015
- Met Ball Beauties Bared It All - May 5, 2015
- Royal princess named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - May 4, 2015
- Tina Knowles Wedding Pictures Are Magical! - April 22, 2015
- The Journey #InspirationallyCrafted - April 9, 2015
- On The Passion - April 5, 2015
- First Picture Of Carrie Underwood’s Baby Boy Isaiah - March 30, 2015