Is it okay to carve pumpkins? This is a question that commonly comes up around Halloween for Christians. This time of year is often met with controversy and it can hard to know what to do. What is pleasing to God? Is having a carved pumpkin an offense to God or against your faith?
And let’s face it. It’s pretty hard to avoid the subject of Halloween with the displays and barrage of television programming. Ultimately, what your church or your family does is up to you. However, there are ways to honor God at this time of year and to ensure that God is the center of your family’s celebrations.
One of my favorite ways is with the Pumpkin Prayer. As you carve the pumpkin and create it’s design you can teach your little ones how to pray to Jesus along with reminding yourself to seek God.
As I carve my pumpkin, help me pray this prayer:
Open my mind so that I can learn about You;
(cut the top off the pumpkin)
Take all my sin and forgive the wrong that I do.
(clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so Your love I will see;
I’m sorry for times I’ve turned up my nose at what You’ve given to me.
(cut a nose in the shape of a cross)
Open my ears so Your word I will hear;
(cut ears shaped like a Bible)
Open my mouth to tell others You’re near.
- VMA Red Carpet Arrivals - August 30, 2015
- Remembering The King Of Pop - August 29, 2015
- Watch: Newlyweds Have The Best Wedding Dance Ever - August 29, 2015
- Drink Good Do Good Brings Produce To Food Deserts - August 20, 2015
- Watch Bugs Bunny And Friends Whip/Nae Nae - August 16, 2015
- I’m Behind The Scenes With Karrueche Tran And Hype Hair Magazine! - August 3, 2015
- #NationalLipstickDay Tutorial How To Get The Perfect Red Lips - July 29, 2015
- Remembering Bobbi Kristina And Learning From Her Passing - July 26, 2015
- The Reality Of Growing Up With Glasses (LOL Memes!) - July 21, 2015
- One Brilliant (And Free) Cure To “I’m Bored!” - July 20, 2015