Jack Osbourne announced that he has multiple sclerosis. The news comes as the reality star and son to Ozzy Osbourne welcomes his first child Clementine Pearl with his finance Lisa Stelly. The 26 year old stated that “He knew something was wrong for a while.”
Jack recently suffered the loss of 60 percent of his vision in one eye which sparked the diagnosis. There has been a tremendous outpouring of support for Jack particularly after his mom host of “The Talk” and a judge on “America’s Got Talent” emotionally shared the news on her national talk show.
This is a famous family that I never dreamed I would be fond of. Yet, I found myself endeared to the loveable mom and siblings Jack and Kelly who appeared on the MTV hit “The Osbournes”. Jack who openly shared struggles with food, drugs and alcohol in recent years was inspired to get himself totally cleaned up and living a healthy lifestyle.
That commitment to overcoming is now what is motivating him in fight against MS. He recently tweeted “Thank you all so much for the kind and inspirational words, it means a lot. #adaptandovercome.” He and his Mom Sharon who is also his manager also shared that he recently lost a job because of the diagnosis. Sharon stated the company said he was too much of a responsibility. He noted that he was incredibly offended by it. But that he and his fiancé Lisa Stelly remain optimistic about his future.
So what exactly is multiple sclerosis? MS is a chronic autoimmune disease in which a body’s immune cells mistakenly attack myelin — a protective sheath around nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. The central nervous system disorder can cause problems with muscle control, vision, balance and thinking. Over 2 million people suffer from the disorder worldwide with approximately 400,000 of those cases affecting Americans. There are different types of MS with varying degrees of severity. Although there is no cure for MS there are some treatments that have helped patients and some who have multiple sclerosis do go into remission.
- This Little Girl’s Response To A Bully Calling Her Ugly Is Priceless - February 21, 2017
- The Touching Moments From The ABFF Honors You Have To See - February 20, 2017
- Grammys Full Winners List! - February 13, 2017
- The Best Of Al Jarreau - February 12, 2017
- My Heart Story - February 3, 2017
- My First Magazine Cover! Buffalo Healthy Living Magazine #Breathe - January 31, 2017
- Harlem Globetrotters Bring New Tour To Buffalo On Friday, Feb. 3 On The Heels Of Setting Nine Guinness World Records™ - February 2, 2017
- Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Character Posters - January 30, 2017
- Harlem Globetrotters Bring Smiles and Positive Messages To Area Youth - January 29, 2017
- Disney On Ice Presents Dare To Dream Review! - January 27, 2017