Jack Osbourne announced that he has multiple sclerosis. The news comes as the reality star and son to Ozzy Osbourne welcomes his first child Clementine Pearl with his finance Lisa Stelly. The 26 year old stated that “He knew something was wrong for a while.”
Jack recently suffered the loss of 60 percent of his vision in one eye which sparked the diagnosis. There has been a tremendous outpouring of support for Jack particularly after his mom host of “The Talk” and a judge on “America’s Got Talent” emotionally shared the news on her national talk show.
This is a famous family that I never dreamed I would be fond of. Yet, I found myself endeared to the loveable mom and siblings Jack and Kelly who appeared on the MTV hit “The Osbournes”. Jack who openly shared struggles with food, drugs and alcohol in recent years was inspired to get himself totally cleaned up and living a healthy lifestyle.
That commitment to overcoming is now what is motivating him in fight against MS. He recently tweeted “Thank you all so much for the kind and inspirational words, it means a lot. #adaptandovercome.” He and his Mom Sharon who is also his manager also shared that he recently lost a job because of the diagnosis. Sharon stated the company said he was too much of a responsibility. He noted that he was incredibly offended by it. But that he and his fiancé Lisa Stelly remain optimistic about his future.
So what exactly is multiple sclerosis? MS is a chronic autoimmune disease in which a body’s immune cells mistakenly attack myelin — a protective sheath around nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. The central nervous system disorder can cause problems with muscle control, vision, balance and thinking. Over 2 million people suffer from the disorder worldwide with approximately 400,000 of those cases affecting Americans. There are different types of MS with varying degrees of severity. Although there is no cure for MS there are some treatments that have helped patients and some who have multiple sclerosis do go into remission.
- STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI – New Teaser Trailer and Poster! - April 14, 2017
- Fit Tea Review And Discount Code - April 13, 2017
- How To Wear High Heels - April 13, 2017
- #TravelTuesday: Girlfriends Getaway To Savannah, Georgia - April 11, 2017
- What Passion Sunday Is All About - April 9, 2017
- Get Your FREE “Breathe” Bookmark! - April 5, 2017
- The Planner That You Need From Evolving Beauty - April 4, 2017
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST – Sing-Along Version Hits Theatres April 7th! - April 4, 2017
- The Bracelets You Have To Have! DeniseAlexandraCo - April 4, 2017
- Ciara and Russell Wilson’s Co-Ed Baby Shower Was Everything! - March 31, 2017