Do you ever tire of dodging the curve ball? Well, I am. Now, I don’t normally chew the fat about other women and their comments unless it’s about inspiring or uplifting but sometimes you gotta have your say. And “Say What?” was my first reaction to comments made about Supermodel Kate Upton and here curvier model physique.
From bloggers to bookers some are saying that Kate Upton is…wait for it…Fat. Kate Upton is the new it girl. Which I suppose opens you up to it…it being criticism, two-cents and all. The blond bombshell who has graced the cover of the coveted Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, had cameo roles in films such as the upcoming big screen adaptation of The Three Stooges, been the face of Guess along with other endorsements, commercials and magazine covers has found herself getting hit with curve balls and other downright nasty and unhealthy comments about her curvy figure.
A blogger dubbed “Skinny Gurl” who is known to be pro-anorexic has called out Kate as fat. And Sophia Neophitou, who books Victoria’s Secret shows, told the New York Times earlier this year that Upton is “like a footballer’s wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.”
To each his own right? Well each of us has a unique figure that is only made healthy by eating right. Hence, you have to eat. Kate Upton responded by saying, “My body is something that you have to work out and eat healthily for. I’m not doing drugs or not eating. I want to enjoy life and I can’t be enjoying life if I’m not eating and miserable.”
It’s probably a fat chance that women will stop berating women anytime soon. But there is always a chance. To suggest that anorexia is beautiful and fashionable is reckless. To suggest that Kate Upton’s face is something that can be bought is plain stupid. Maybe, the women saying these things aren’t quite getting enough oxygen to their brain, maybe they are irritable oh yeah, maybe they are just hungry.
- Here’s Why You Will Love The New Pixar Animated Short ‘Lou’ #Cars3Event - June 23, 2017
- BET Pre Awards Party Highlights! #BeTheGlow - June 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Director Brian Fee and Producer Kevin Reher Reveal Details About The Hit Film #Cars3Event - June 22, 2017
- Get Your Glow On At The BET Experience With AT&T #BeTheGlow - June 21, 2017
- Everything You Need To Know About #SummerOfHeroes At Disney California Adventure Park #Cars3Event - June 20, 2017
- EXCLUSIVE: Cars 3 Cast Interview With Nathan Fillion, Larry The Cable Guy and More! #Cars3Event - June 19, 2017
- Man Up! Great Gifts To Celebrate Dad - June 17, 2017
- Cars 3 Must Have Toys! #Cars3Event - June 16, 2017
- Disney Store Revs Up for Summer Play Days #Cars3Event - June 16, 2017
- EXCLUSIVE: Cars 3 Cast Interview With Cristela Alonzo, Kerry Washington and More! #Cars3Event - June 15, 2017