Do you ever tire of dodging the curve ball? Well, I am. Now, I don’t normally chew the fat about other women and their comments unless it’s about inspiring or uplifting but sometimes you gotta have your say. And “Say What?” was my first reaction to comments made about Supermodel Kate Upton and here curvier model physique.
From bloggers to bookers some are saying that Kate Upton is…wait for it…Fat. Kate Upton is the new it girl. Which I suppose opens you up to it…it being criticism, two-cents and all. The blond bombshell who has graced the cover of the coveted Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, had cameo roles in films such as the upcoming big screen adaptation of The Three Stooges, been the face of Guess along with other endorsements, commercials and magazine covers has found herself getting hit with curve balls and other downright nasty and unhealthy comments about her curvy figure.
A blogger dubbed “Skinny Gurl” who is known to be pro-anorexic has called out Kate as fat. And Sophia Neophitou, who books Victoria’s Secret shows, told the New York Times earlier this year that Upton is “like a footballer’s wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.”
To each his own right? Well each of us has a unique figure that is only made healthy by eating right. Hence, you have to eat. Kate Upton responded by saying, “My body is something that you have to work out and eat healthily for. I’m not doing drugs or not eating. I want to enjoy life and I can’t be enjoying life if I’m not eating and miserable.”
It’s probably a fat chance that women will stop berating women anytime soon. But there is always a chance. To suggest that anorexia is beautiful and fashionable is reckless. To suggest that Kate Upton’s face is something that can be bought is plain stupid. Maybe, the women saying these things aren’t quite getting enough oxygen to their brain, maybe they are irritable oh yeah, maybe they are just hungry.
- Phylencia Taylor’s New Book ‘Evolving Beauty’ Is A Must Have Guide For Beauty Influencers And Brands - April 5, 2016
- Powerful Film “Breathe” Puts A Spotlight On The Dangers Of Preeclampsia Every Black Woman Should Know - March 31, 2016
- The White House Blog! All About The Let’s Move! Campaign - March 30, 2016
- James Corden Takes A Spin With Jlo And Hilariously Texts Leo DiCaprio - March 30, 2016
- Photographer Captures “Smiling” Shark That Looks Just Like Bruce From Finding Nemo - March 28, 2016
- Everything You Want To Know About “The Jungle Book” Movie - March 25, 2016
- What Holy Week Is All About - March 25, 2016
- Hair Blogging And Why It’s Important - March 21, 2016
- Pour Judgment Can Help You To Drink Your Way Thin - March 17, 2016
- Easter Ideas That Are Healthy, Delicious and Fun - March 17, 2011