Do you ever tire of dodging the curve ball? Well, I am. Now, I don’t normally chew the fat about other women and their comments unless it’s about inspiring or uplifting but sometimes you gotta have your say. And “Say What?” was my first reaction to comments made about Supermodel Kate Upton and here curvier model physique.
From bloggers to bookers some are saying that Kate Upton is…wait for it…Fat. Kate Upton is the new it girl. Which I suppose opens you up to it…it being criticism, two-cents and all. The blond bombshell who has graced the cover of the coveted Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, had cameo roles in films such as the upcoming big screen adaptation of The Three Stooges, been the face of Guess along with other endorsements, commercials and magazine covers has found herself getting hit with curve balls and other downright nasty and unhealthy comments about her curvy figure.
A blogger dubbed “Skinny Gurl” who is known to be pro-anorexic has called out Kate as fat. And Sophia Neophitou, who books Victoria’s Secret shows, told the New York Times earlier this year that Upton is “like a footballer’s wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.”
To each his own right? Well each of us has a unique figure that is only made healthy by eating right. Hence, you have to eat. Kate Upton responded by saying, “My body is something that you have to work out and eat healthily for. I’m not doing drugs or not eating. I want to enjoy life and I can’t be enjoying life if I’m not eating and miserable.”
It’s probably a fat chance that women will stop berating women anytime soon. But there is always a chance. To suggest that anorexia is beautiful and fashionable is reckless. To suggest that Kate Upton’s face is something that can be bought is plain stupid. Maybe, the women saying these things aren’t quite getting enough oxygen to their brain, maybe they are irritable oh yeah, maybe they are just hungry.
- This Little Girl’s Response To A Bully Calling Her Ugly Is Priceless - February 21, 2017
- The Touching Moments From The ABFF Honors You Have To See - February 20, 2017
- Grammys Full Winners List! - February 13, 2017
- The Best Of Al Jarreau - February 12, 2017
- My Heart Story - February 3, 2017
- My First Magazine Cover! Buffalo Healthy Living Magazine #Breathe - January 31, 2017
- Harlem Globetrotters Bring New Tour To Buffalo On Friday, Feb. 3 On The Heels Of Setting Nine Guinness World Records™ - February 2, 2017
- Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Character Posters - January 30, 2017
- Harlem Globetrotters Bring Smiles and Positive Messages To Area Youth - January 29, 2017
- Disney On Ice Presents Dare To Dream Review! - January 27, 2017