February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- Could Honey Boo Boo’s Mama June Lose Her Kids? - October 29, 2014
- DIY Homemade Baby Wipes - October 28, 2014
- How To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk - October 27, 2014
- Good Faith Quotes - October 26, 2014
- Ladies Halloween Makeup Tips - October 25, 2014
- How To Match Outfits With Your Kid - October 23, 2014
- What The Zellweger? The Beauty Of Her Response To Ugly Comments - October 22, 2014
- Halloween Hacks For Moms - October 21, 2014
- Oscar De La Renta’s Best Fashion Moments - October 21, 2014
- What Is Ebola? The Q&A You Want To Know - October 20, 2014