February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- Phylencia Taylor’s New Book ‘Evolving Beauty’ Is A Must Have Guide For Beauty Influencers And Brands - April 5, 2016
- Powerful Film “Breathe” Puts A Spotlight On The Dangers Of Preeclampsia Every Black Woman Should Know - March 31, 2016
- The White House Blog! All About The Let’s Move! Campaign - March 30, 2016
- James Corden Takes A Spin With Jlo And Hilariously Texts Leo DiCaprio - March 30, 2016
- Photographer Captures “Smiling” Shark That Looks Just Like Bruce From Finding Nemo - March 28, 2016
- Everything You Want To Know About “The Jungle Book” Movie - March 25, 2016
- What Holy Week Is All About - March 25, 2016
- Hair Blogging And Why It’s Important - March 21, 2016
- Pour Judgment Can Help You To Drink Your Way Thin - March 17, 2016
- Easter Ideas That Are Healthy, Delicious and Fun - March 17, 2011