February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- Going Inside The Box With Disney XD Future-Worm! Creator Ryan Quincy #FutureWormEvent - June 29, 2016
- Mark Rylance And Jemaine Clement Talked To Me About Their Giant Roles In The BFG - June 28, 2016
- Interview: Steven Spielberg Talks To Me About The BFG And Why Mommy Bloggers Are Important - June 27, 2016
- Jennifer Hudson Gave A Prince Tribute Worthy Of The Purple One - June 26, 2016
- The Best Finding Dory Recipes And Activities - June 26, 2016
- Shark Party Ideas That You Can Bite Off - June 25, 2016
- Dream Country The BFG’s Red Carpet Premiere! - June 24, 2016
- The Hack That Will Give You Pretty Summer Feet - June 23, 2016
- One Brilliant (And Free) Cure To “I’m Bored!” - June 23, 2016
- Sophie From The BFG Inspires A New Kind Of Disney Hero To My Daughter - June 16, 2016