February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- Kids Choice Awards 2015: The Fashion & Stars You Want To See - March 29, 2015
- See Destiny’s Child Reunited At The Stellar Awards! - March 29, 2015
- What Passion Sunday Is All About - March 29, 2015
- Quick Tips To Look Great In Minutes - March 23, 2015
- How To Get To Your Happy Place Again - March 12, 2015
- Why I Used A Belly Band And You Should Too - March 9, 2015
- What To Order At Fast Food Restaurants - March 6, 2015
- Win The Chance Of A Lifetime To Attend Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Premiere With Robert Downey Jr. - March 4, 2015
- All The Breathtaking Details About The Cinderella Movie And Premiere - March 4, 2015
- The Best Dress Tweets - March 2, 2015