February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- #NationalLipstickDay Tutorial How To Get The Perfect Red Lips - July 29, 2015
- Remembering Bobbi Kristina And Learning From Her Passing - July 26, 2015
- The Reality Of Growing Up With Glasses (LOL Memes!) - July 21, 2015
- One Brilliant (And Free) Cure To “I’m Bored!” - July 20, 2015
- The Scoop On #NationalIceCreamDay Freebies - July 19, 2015
- All About Ant-Man #AntManEvent - July 18, 2015
- How To Fake A Bang. No Cut Techniques! - July 17, 2015
- 2015 Primetime Emmy Award Nominations List - July 16, 2015
- 2015 Espy Awards Red Carpet Arrivals - July 15, 2015
- You Win Some, You Learn Some! Words To Grow By - July 15, 2015