February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- Here’s What Wearing A Waist Trainer Is Really Like - November 18, 2015
- UPTOWN Magazine + Kia #GameChangers Twitter Party - November 17, 2015
- Find Your Beauty Needs At BSW Beauty - October 2, 2015
- Jennifer Lopez Just Reminded Us Why We Love Fall - October 21, 2015
- Beyonce And Nicki Minaj Perform ‘Feeling Myself’ at Tidal X - October 21, 2015
- Chrissy Teigen And John Legend Are Expecting! - October 12, 2015
- President Obama Gives Kanye West The Best Political Advice Ever - October 12, 2015
- Raven, Your Name Means Black - October 10, 2015
- Lancome Counter Makeover At Macy’s - October 9, 2015
- Best Paris Fashion Week Looks From The Front Row to The Runway - October 6, 2015