February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- Focus On The Good Momtra - January 30, 2015
- What Would Your Best Friend Say About You? - January 29, 2015
- On The Big Picture. My Momtra - January 28, 2015
- Cleaning Up Around Children Momtra - January 27, 2015
- My Seriously Funny Kid Momday Story - January 26, 2015
- Momtra On The Struggles Of Motherhood - January 26, 2015
- Momtra On Practicing What You Preach - January 25, 2015
- The Sisterhood Of The Motherhood. Must Watch Commercial - January 24, 2015
- On Knowing I Can And I Will! Momtra - January 23, 2015
- Why You Should Go See Disney On Ice! - January 22, 2015