February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- Remembering The King Of Pop - August 29, 2016
- New On Netflix! You May Not Emerge From Your Home Until October - August 27, 2016
- Animal Adventures And Thrills Await At Marineland Canada - August 26, 2016
- Usher, Sugar Ray Leonard, Beyonce, Jay Z And More At The Hands Of Stone Premiere - August 23, 2016
- 5 Tweets That Sum Up Rape Culture - August 23, 2016
- Meet History Making Olympic Mom Nia Ali - August 19, 2016
- Historic Olympic Sweep! U.S. Women Win 1-2-3 In The 100-Meter Hurdles - August 18, 2016
- Stephen Joseph: The Mom Approved Backpacks Your Kids Will Love - August 17, 2016
- Simone Biles’ Adoption Story Will Bring You To Tears - August 16, 2016
- Usain Bolt Is Winning The Olympics And The Internet With His Running While Smiling Memes - August 16, 2016