February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- Tell Me Something Good! A Live & Learn Mom On A Mission - March 3, 2017
- This Dad Delivering His Baby In The Car Will Give You All The Feels - March 10, 2017
- The Amazing Thing The Little Caesars Founder Did For Rosa Parks - March 8, 2017
- The Beauty Facts And Tips You Need To Know - March 8, 2017
- The BEAUTY AND THE BEAST World Premiere Was Everything You Thought It Would Be - March 3, 2017
- 5 Year Old’s Tribute To Historical Black Icons Will Inspire You - February 28, 2017
- #Oscars Best Dressed! Live & Learn Academy Awards Style - February 27, 2017
- A New Star Wars Story Production Begins! - February 28, 2017
- Live & Learn Style: Here’s How To Get Gabrielle Union’s Chic New Bob Hairstyle - February 24, 2017
- This Little Girl’s Response To A Bully Calling Her Ugly Is Priceless - February 21, 2017