February is national Heart Health month. Learning to exercise and eat healthy play a tremendous role in preventing heart disease. But as a survivor of heart failure and someone recovering from heart disease, I will also tell you that laughter makes the heart merry. Picking yourself up off the floor is a lot better when caused because of laughing.
Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. It’s good medicine for the whole body improving your physical and mental health. Not only does laughter improve your immune system and protects you from the effects of stress it’s catchy. Humor is infectious so it helps you and everyone around you.
So what’s kept me laughing my way to better health? My little daughter Samia is seriously one funny kid. She’s a natural dose of feel good. So let me share a little good medicine with you.
Check out Samia talking on the phone and here’s to kicking off Heart Health Month with a smile.
- DIY Grinch Party Snacks - December 19, 2014
- Holiday Party Style Tips - December 18, 2014
- Holiday Travel Tips That Will Keep You Healthy - December 16, 2014
- Amal Alamuddin Named Most Fascinating Person of 2014 - December 15, 2014
- Anika Noni Rose As Princess Tiana On Sofia The First: First Look - December 9, 2014
- Kate Middleton In New York City! (Details And Pictures!) - December 9, 2014
- Everything You Want To Know About The 2015 Grammy Nominations - December 9, 2014
- Quick Fix For Dry Mascara - December 5, 2014
- Three Year Old Donates Hair For Kids With Cancer - December 4, 2014
- Ate Too Much? Here’s The Food Hangover Tips You Need - November 28, 2014