If you have ever said “Can I have some Shirley Temple Curls?” Then you know one of the effects that a precious and precocious 3 year old who burst on to the Hollywood scene and remained there for decades had. Many hold Shirley Temple Black to be the most famous child star ever.
Shirley Temple Black passed away at the age of 85 on February 10, 2014. Known for her corkscrew curls Shirley Temple danced and sang her way into the hearts of millions with classics like “On The Good Ship Lollipop” In 1935 she received a special Oscar for her outstanding contribution to screen entertainment. Also in 1935, she starred in the film The Little Colonel, a Civil War drama with music where she tap-danced with Bill “Bojangles” Robinson on a staircase in one of the most loved movie sequences of all time.
She continued lifting spirits later in life when she took on a role as an ambassador and diplomat. She became the U.S. Ambassador to Ghana in 1974.
My daughter’s tribute to Shirley Temple’s curls!
- Best Paris Fashion Week Looks From The Front Row to The Runway - October 6, 2015
- Here’s America’s Real First Family – Signed, Everyone - October 6, 2015
- Find Your Beauty Needs At BSW Beauty - October 2, 2015
- Kevin Hart Becomes David Beckham For H&M (Sort Of!) - September 30, 2015
- Best Pictures From The Super Blood Moon - September 28, 2015
- Global Citizen Festival Highlights - September 27, 2015
- “The Voice” Blind Audition That You Have To See: Jordan Smith - September 22, 2015
- Best Quotes From The Primetime Emmy Awards - September 21, 2015
- 2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet - September 20, 2015
- Sheryl Underwood Shows Class And Her Natural Hair In An Apology You Have To See - September 17, 2015