If you have ever said “Can I have some Shirley Temple Curls?” Then you know one of the effects that a precious and precocious 3 year old who burst on to the Hollywood scene and remained there for decades had. Many hold Shirley Temple Black to be the most famous child star ever.
Shirley Temple Black passed away at the age of 85 on February 10, 2014. Known for her corkscrew curls Shirley Temple danced and sang her way into the hearts of millions with classics like “On The Good Ship Lollipop” In 1935 she received a special Oscar for her outstanding contribution to screen entertainment. Also in 1935, she starred in the film The Little Colonel, a Civil War drama with music where she tap-danced with Bill “Bojangles” Robinson on a staircase in one of the most loved movie sequences of all time.
She continued lifting spirits later in life when she took on a role as an ambassador and diplomat. She became the U.S. Ambassador to Ghana in 1974.
My daughter’s tribute to Shirley Temple’s curls!
- Interview: Steven Spielberg Talks To Me About The BFG And Why Mommy Bloggers Are Important - June 27, 2016
- Jennifer Hudson Gave A Prince Tribute Worthy Of The Purple One - June 26, 2016
- The Best Finding Dory Recipes And Activities - June 26, 2016
- Shark Party Ideas That You Can Bite Off - June 25, 2016
- Dream Country The BFG’s Red Carpet Premiere! - June 24, 2016
- The Hack That Will Give You Pretty Summer Feet - June 23, 2016
- One Brilliant (And Free) Cure To “I’m Bored!” - June 23, 2016
- Sophie From The BFG Inspires A New Kind Of Disney Hero To My Daughter - June 16, 2016
- I’m Going To The Land Of Dreams For The BFG Premiere! #TheBFGEvent - June 16, 2016
- Gobblefunk 101: What’s Your Gobblefunk? - June 15, 2016