If you have ever said “Can I have some Shirley Temple Curls?” Then you know one of the effects that a precious and precocious 3 year old who burst on to the Hollywood scene and remained there for decades had. Many hold Shirley Temple Black to be the most famous child star ever.
Shirley Temple Black passed away at the age of 85 on February 10, 2014. Known for her corkscrew curls Shirley Temple danced and sang her way into the hearts of millions with classics like “On The Good Ship Lollipop” In 1935 she received a special Oscar for her outstanding contribution to screen entertainment. Also in 1935, she starred in the film The Little Colonel, a Civil War drama with music where she tap-danced with Bill “Bojangles” Robinson on a staircase in one of the most loved movie sequences of all time.
She continued lifting spirits later in life when she took on a role as an ambassador and diplomat. She became the U.S. Ambassador to Ghana in 1974.
My daughter’s tribute to Shirley Temple’s curls!
- All Of The 2016 Met Gala Looks! - May 2, 2016
- Kerry Washington Is Pregnant With Baby #2! - May 2, 2016
- The Best Looks From The White House Correspondents Dinner - May 2, 2016
- 2016 Daytime Emmy Award Winners: The Complete List - May 2, 2016
- Phylencia Taylor’s New Book ‘Evolving Beauty’ Is A Must Have Guide For Beauty Influencers And Brands - April 5, 2016
- Powerful Film “Breathe” Puts A Spotlight On The Dangers Of Preeclampsia Every Black Woman Should Know - March 31, 2016
- The White House Blog! All About The Let’s Move! Campaign - March 30, 2016
- James Corden Takes A Spin With Jlo And Hilariously Texts Leo DiCaprio - March 30, 2016
- Photographer Captures “Smiling” Shark That Looks Just Like Bruce From Finding Nemo - March 28, 2016
- Everything You Want To Know About “The Jungle Book” Movie - March 25, 2016