the Magic of Friendship
With more than 30 years of rich storytelling founded in the values of kindness and acceptance, the MY LITTLE PONY franchise from Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) continues to illustrate the power of friendship and fun that resonates with fans around the world. The MY LITTLE PONY franchise kicked off a global social movement on International Day of Friendship with the release of two beautiful video montages and on-ground events that supported around the world that focus on the socially relevant message of friendship.
“Friendship transcends age, gender, geography and background,” said Tyla Bucher, VP Franchise Lead, My Little Pony, Hasbro. “As we work to celebrate friendship across every aspect of the MY LITTLE PONY brand, we’re proud to continue to support and celebrate the International Day of Friendship. We hope this program brings people together as they are reminded of how special and important friendship is to everyone around the globe.”
Making the most of International Day of Friendship, the MY LITTLE PONY brand hosted friendship day events around the world in 12 different markets including the United States, Italy, Brazil, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Russia, Mexico and Singapore. In the U.S., everypony was invited to the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN to enjoy a “Celebration of Friendship” featuring multiple experiential MY LITTLE PONY themed events. Fans in Italy, Taiwan and Singapore celebrated friendship with fitness at Friendship Runs. In Brazil, everypony celebrated Dia Da Amizade with an outdoor event and Friendship Bus Tour. Generosity is key in the UK, where fans gave the gift of friendship with a special Buy One, Give one promotion in partnership with a local charity and BFF accessories designers Pop & Suki.
Hasbro also released its new line MY LITTLE PONY toys. Inspired by characters and adventures from Lionsgate’s upcoming MY LITTLE PONY: THE MOVIE, the new line of toys and figures features the beloved Mane Six as well as new characters. In MY LITTLE PONY: THE MOVIE, a new dark force threatens Ponyville, and the Mane Six – Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity – embark on an unforgettable journey beyond Equestria where they meet new friends and exciting challenges on a quest to use the magic of friendship and save their home. The film opens in theaters on October 6 and features an all-star cast with Emily Blunt, Kristin Chenoweth, Liev Schreiber, Michael Peña, Sia, Taye Diggs, Uzo Aduba, and Zoe Saldana, and Sia who also performs an original song for the movie.
For more information on the International Day of Friendship celebration with MY LITTLE PONY, please visit www.mylittlepony.com.
- Marvel Studios Ant Man And The Wasp Sneak Peak! - August 3, 2017
- My Little Pony Celebrates The Magic Of Friendship Around The Globe - August 1, 2017
- Black Panther – The Movie Trailer And Pics You Have To See! #BlackPanther - July 25, 2017
- THOR: RAGNAROK – New Trailer and Poster #ThorRagnarok - July 24, 2017
- Here’s Why You Will Love The New Pixar Animated Short ‘Lou’ #Cars3Event - June 23, 2017
- BET Pre Awards Party Highlights! #BeTheGlow - June 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Director Brian Fee and Producer Kevin Reher Reveal Details About The Hit Film #Cars3Event - June 22, 2017
- Get Your Glow On At The BET Experience With AT&T #BeTheGlow - June 21, 2017
- Everything You Need To Know About #SummerOfHeroes At Disney California Adventure Park #Cars3Event - June 20, 2017
- EXCLUSIVE: Cars 3 Cast Interview With Nathan Fillion, Larry The Cable Guy and More! #Cars3Event - June 19, 2017