There’s enough in life to feel guilty over…putting that last swallow of juice back in the refrigerator, squeezing the tube from the middle, blaming your husband’s missing TV remote control on the baby so that you can watch your show because him getting up to move is like uh…impossible. You know life’s guilty moments. So you don’t need to add anymore guilt to the mix do you? And for us ladies, the guilt seems to pile on when it comes to indulging or simply eating certain foods.
So when it comes making and enjoying our food choices this Valentine’s Day or any day for that matter let’s not feel guilty. Let’s leave the guilt for something else. Whether you are celebrating Valentine’s Day with that special someone or simply celebrating that you are a special someone everyone can enjoy Valentine’s Day. And what’s more you can even eat healthy this Valentine’s Day. And that’s not taking the joy, indulgence or romance out of the day either. It’s actually putting it back in.
Many aphrodisiac foods have ingredients that will boost more than your the libido, they will improve your health too.
Here’s a list of healthy choices that you can serve up on Valentine’s Day.
Dark Chocolate with a high cocoa content contains heart healthy resveratrol and improves blood flow to the skin which enhances hydration, increases dermal thickness, and decreases roughness and scaling. You can pair your dark chocolate with Strawberries with are an excellent source of folic acid.
Moderate red wine consumption can have some heart-healthy effects, like raising HDL (good cholesterol) and inhibiting the formation of blood clots.
Don’t drink? You can enjoy grape juice which provides a dose of heart-healthy resveratrol. Grape juice, like red wine, has been shown by research studies to reduce blood clotting and reduce damage to artery walls. You still want to drink it moderately as too much will add unwanted calories.
Oysters boost your libido and immune system.
Salmon contains Omega-3 fatty acids which can help reduce heart rhythm problems and may help reduce triglycerides and plaque buildup, and inhibit blood clotting.
Almonds in particular have been purported to act as a sexual stimulant. The nut provides high doses of vitamin E, magnesium and fiber.
Chilies have capsaicin which increases circulation and releases endorphins that make you feel good.
Basil’s fragrant aroma is said to cure headaches and the Italian symbol of love is filled with beta carotene, magnesium, potassium and vitamin C.
- 7 Things You Must Know About The Once Upon A Time Season 6 Premiere! #ABCTVEvent - September 25, 2016
- Queen For A Day! My #QueenOfKatwe Red Carpet Experience #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 23, 2016
- Walt Disney Records Releases The Soundtrack For Queen of Katwe, Including The Hit #1 Spice #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 23, 2016
- I’m Going To The Queen Of Katwe Premiere! And You’re Invited #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 16, 2016
- Dascha Polanco Star Of #OITNB Steps Out To #NYFW With No Pants…And Kills It - September 16, 2016
- Storm Reid To Star Alongside Oprah Winfrey In Ava DuVernay’s A WRINKLE IN TIME - September 15, 2016
- Watch Steve Harvey Hilariously Meet His Lookalike - September 15, 2016
- Queen Of Katwe Cast On The TIFF Red Carpet! #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 14, 2016
- Live And Learn Woman On The Move: PR Maven Helen C. Shelton - September 14, 2016
- Celebrate #RoaldDahlDay With His Best Quotes - September 13, 2016