There’s enough in life to feel guilty over…putting that last swallow of juice back in the refrigerator, squeezing the tube from the middle, blaming your husband’s missing TV remote control on the baby so that you can watch your show because him getting up to move is like uh…impossible. You know life’s guilty moments. So you don’t need to add anymore guilt to the mix do you? And for us ladies, the guilt seems to pile on when it comes to indulging or simply eating certain foods.
So when it comes making and enjoying our food choices this Valentine’s Day or any day for that matter let’s not feel guilty. Let’s leave the guilt for something else. Whether you are celebrating Valentine’s Day with that special someone or simply celebrating that you are a special someone everyone can enjoy Valentine’s Day. And what’s more you can even eat healthy this Valentine’s Day. And that’s not taking the joy, indulgence or romance out of the day either. It’s actually putting it back in.
Many aphrodisiac foods have ingredients that will boost more than your the libido, they will improve your health too.
Here’s a list of healthy choices that you can serve up on Valentine’s Day.
Dark Chocolate with a high cocoa content contains heart healthy resveratrol and improves blood flow to the skin which enhances hydration, increases dermal thickness, and decreases roughness and scaling. You can pair your dark chocolate with Strawberries with are an excellent source of folic acid.
Moderate red wine consumption can have some heart-healthy effects, like raising HDL (good cholesterol) and inhibiting the formation of blood clots.
Don’t drink? You can enjoy grape juice which provides a dose of heart-healthy resveratrol. Grape juice, like red wine, has been shown by research studies to reduce blood clotting and reduce damage to artery walls. You still want to drink it moderately as too much will add unwanted calories.
Oysters boost your libido and immune system.
Salmon contains Omega-3 fatty acids which can help reduce heart rhythm problems and may help reduce triglycerides and plaque buildup, and inhibit blood clotting.
Almonds in particular have been purported to act as a sexual stimulant. The nut provides high doses of vitamin E, magnesium and fiber.
Chilies have capsaicin which increases circulation and releases endorphins that make you feel good.
Basil’s fragrant aroma is said to cure headaches and the Italian symbol of love is filled with beta carotene, magnesium, potassium and vitamin C.
- Going Inside The Box With Disney XD Future-Worm! Creator Ryan Quincy #FutureWormEvent - June 29, 2016
- Mark Rylance And Jemaine Clement Talked To Me About Their Giant Roles In The BFG - June 28, 2016
- Interview: Steven Spielberg Talks To Me About The BFG And Why Mommy Bloggers Are Important - June 27, 2016
- Jennifer Hudson Gave A Prince Tribute Worthy Of The Purple One - June 26, 2016
- The Best Finding Dory Recipes And Activities - June 26, 2016
- Shark Party Ideas That You Can Bite Off - June 25, 2016
- Dream Country The BFG’s Red Carpet Premiere! - June 24, 2016
- The Hack That Will Give You Pretty Summer Feet - June 23, 2016
- One Brilliant (And Free) Cure To “I’m Bored!” - June 23, 2016
- Sophie From The BFG Inspires A New Kind Of Disney Hero To My Daughter - June 16, 2016