Ah, the gift giving season. Now, I know I’m not the only one who has fallen into the “one for them and two for me” trap when it comes to buying gifts. It’s supposed to be about buying other people gifts right? Well, what if the right thing is to buy yourself something or some things as in multiple gifts this time of year.
When it comes to holiday shopping I get serious… as in, seriously prepared to spend a little extra. Let’s preface it by saying I plan in advance to spend a little extra on myself and my family this time of year. And as crazy as it may sound it’s not about falling into debt this time of year is about planning to fall out of it.
This is an excellent time of year to get a tremendous value on luxury and necessity items that you would spend full price on throughout the year. Whether we put a guilt trip on it or not we all need stuff. Soap, hats, scarves, pajamas…It doesn’t seem like these items can add up throughout the year but it does.
The holiday time-frame is one of the best to stock up times for your own needs and the needs of your family on select items which are often at up to 50% off their normal price. Anticipating your family needs now can help you save throughout the year. And don’t forget those upcoming calendar days and we all have them from Auntie’s birthday to small rewards for good report card marks and everything in between.
So whether it’s getting in on Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals or simply scouring ads to find items that you and your family actually will need it can be a good idea to stock up on items and indulge in a little one for you and two for me purchasing this time of year.
One of my favorite items that I generally only purchase during the holidays is fragrances. The gift box sets have amazing value on the core fragrance and offer numerous extras and of course I don’t purchase unless there’s another free gift like a free hand bag. And you can call Miss Manners on me but I often use the free hand bag as a gift for someone else. I love a two for one.
Hats and scarves have gone from cold climate staples to fashion must haves. This is a great time to purchase these items for the family that are necessities in cold climates like the one that I live in but also are highly desired items. And great pajamas can actually be for more than bedtime but lounge wear for the weekend at the house. The best prices of the year can be found during the holiday on pajamas.
So if you want to get in on the one for them and two for me bandwagon, make a list of items that you know that you will need and want to purchase for you and your family in the next 3-6 months. You can not only save the gas on driving store to store to price shop by doing it online you can also purchase there too. Most top retailers offer free shipping on qualifying purchases.
- This Little Girl’s Response To A Bully Calling Her Ugly Is Priceless - February 21, 2017
- The Touching Moments From The ABFF Honors You Have To See - February 20, 2017
- Grammys Full Winners List! - February 13, 2017
- The Best Of Al Jarreau - February 12, 2017
- My Heart Story - February 3, 2017
- My First Magazine Cover! Buffalo Healthy Living Magazine #Breathe - January 31, 2017
- Harlem Globetrotters Bring New Tour To Buffalo On Friday, Feb. 3 On The Heels Of Setting Nine Guinness World Records™ - February 2, 2017
- Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Character Posters - January 30, 2017
- Harlem Globetrotters Bring Smiles and Positive Messages To Area Youth - January 29, 2017
- Disney On Ice Presents Dare To Dream Review! - January 27, 2017