Some of the best money I ever spent was on my Lasik eye surgery. You are talking about someone who wore glasses since the third grade. And not just any kind of glasses…yep, the thick coke bottle what the heck was my mother thinking when she bought these kind of glasses. In my teen years, I moved on to contacts which was a God send.
When you have poor vision things can go awry. Ever try swimming and can’t see? How come you can’t seem to hear anything either? I got by great for many years until my eyes always seemed to be red. Last thing I need is for someone to think I’m on that stuff when it really is my contacts are just killing me. My eyes are super dry.
So I went ahead and did it. I scheduled my eye surgery. Most folks are familiar with Lasik surgery but my eyes were at the worst end of the spectrum so I actually needed PRK which is under the umbrella of Lasik. Scared? Yep. But determined to be free of the solution, lenses, glasses…
Turns out I could see all along. They simply had to peel back a layer of skin for my eyes to focus properly. Am I simplifying this a bit? … Yes. It did require some prep, facing the risks, understanding the rewards and then a laser focus to peel back some layers. But ultimately, what I needed was there all along.
It has helped me to see the light. Literally cause ya’ girl could barely see anything before this surgery and figuratively because I know that this is what it takes to achieve any goal. Peeling it back, exposing it all…all of the abilities that have already been put inside us. All of the abilities that unless we peel it back and work on it won’t get used or will never work right.
I have been doing this slowly and surely to many areas of my life and I can see the difference. What do you need to peel back?
- Disney Is Making A Live Action Adaptation of “The Lion King!” Hakuna Matata! - September 28, 2016
- Exclusive: Interview With Queen Of Katwe Stars Lupita Nyong’o, Madina Nalwanga & Martin Kabanza #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 27, 2016
- 3 Tips For Better Braids - September 27, 2016
- Why You Must See The Queen Of Katwe #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 26, 2016
- 7 Things You Must Know About The Once Upon A Time Season 6 Premiere! #ABCTVEvent - September 25, 2016
- Queen For A Day! My #QueenOfKatwe Red Carpet Experience #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 23, 2016
- Walt Disney Records Releases The Soundtrack For Queen of Katwe, Including The Hit #1 Spice #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 23, 2016
- I’m Going To The Queen Of Katwe Premiere! And You’re Invited #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 16, 2016
- Dascha Polanco Star Of #OITNB Steps Out To #NYFW With No Pants…And Kills It - September 16, 2016
- Storm Reid To Star Alongside Oprah Winfrey In Ava DuVernay’s A WRINKLE IN TIME - September 15, 2016