Barack Obama was publicly sworn in before hundreds of thousands of well-wishers at the National Mall in front of the capitol on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Monday January 21, 2013. The country celebrated its 57th presidential inauguration with an invocation from civil rights activist and journalist Myrlie Evers-Williams who prayed for strength for the nation to face the challenges ahead. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts administered the oath of office.
First lady Michelle Obama wore a navy dress and coat by the American designer Thom Browne and accessories by J.Crew that will later be donated to the National Archives. The President’s children were in attendance with Malia Obama wearing a purple J.Crew outfit, while her sister Sasha, also in purple, was dressed in Kate Spade. Vice President Joe Biden was also sworn in to his second term at Monday’s inauguration ceremony. Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor administered the oath of office. Kelly Clarkson belted out “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee” while Beyonce sang the National Anthem.
- Holiday Travel Tips That Will Keep You Healthy - December 16, 2014
- Amal Alamuddin Named Most Fascinating Person of 2014 - December 15, 2014
- Anika Noni Rose As Princess Tiana On Sofia The First: First Look - December 9, 2014
- Kate Middleton In New York City! (Details And Pictures!) - December 9, 2014
- Everything You Want To Know About The 2015 Grammy Nominations - December 9, 2014
- Quick Fix For Dry Mascara - December 5, 2014
- Three Year Old Donates Hair For Kids With Cancer - December 4, 2014
- Ate Too Much? Here’s The Food Hangover Tips You Need - November 28, 2014
- Who Has The Best Black Friday Deals - November 27, 2014
- Dancing With The Stars Season 19 Winner Announced! - November 26, 2014