Barack Obama was publicly sworn in before hundreds of thousands of well-wishers at the National Mall in front of the capitol on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Monday January 21, 2013. The country celebrated its 57th presidential inauguration with an invocation from civil rights activist and journalist Myrlie Evers-Williams who prayed for strength for the nation to face the challenges ahead. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts administered the oath of office.
First lady Michelle Obama wore a navy dress and coat by the American designer Thom Browne and accessories by J.Crew that will later be donated to the National Archives. The President’s children were in attendance with Malia Obama wearing a purple J.Crew outfit, while her sister Sasha, also in purple, was dressed in Kate Spade. Vice President Joe Biden was also sworn in to his second term at Monday’s inauguration ceremony. Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor administered the oath of office. Kelly Clarkson belted out “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee” while Beyonce sang the National Anthem.
- Focus On The Good Momtra - January 30, 2015
- What Would Your Best Friend Say About You? - January 29, 2015
- On The Big Picture. My Momtra - January 28, 2015
- Cleaning Up Around Children Momtra - January 27, 2015
- My Seriously Funny Kid Momday Story - January 26, 2015
- Momtra On The Struggles Of Motherhood - January 26, 2015
- Momtra On Practicing What You Preach - January 25, 2015
- The Sisterhood Of The Motherhood. Must Watch Commercial - January 24, 2015
- On Knowing I Can And I Will! Momtra - January 23, 2015
- Why You Should Go See Disney On Ice! - January 22, 2015