Barack Obama was publicly sworn in before hundreds of thousands of well-wishers at the National Mall in front of the capitol on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Monday January 21, 2013. The country celebrated its 57th presidential inauguration with an invocation from civil rights activist and journalist Myrlie Evers-Williams who prayed for strength for the nation to face the challenges ahead. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts administered the oath of office.
First lady Michelle Obama wore a navy dress and coat by the American designer Thom Browne and accessories by J.Crew that will later be donated to the National Archives. The President’s children were in attendance with Malia Obama wearing a purple J.Crew outfit, while her sister Sasha, also in purple, was dressed in Kate Spade. Vice President Joe Biden was also sworn in to his second term at Monday’s inauguration ceremony. Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor administered the oath of office. Kelly Clarkson belted out “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee” while Beyonce sang the National Anthem.
- Perfect Day In Niagara USA! Where To Go And What To Do - February 26, 2015
- On The Hustle - February 26, 2015
- How To Wear High Heels - February 25, 2015
- Zendaya Locks Horns With Giuliana Rancic Over Oscar Hair Comment - February 24, 2015
- 2015 Oscars Red Carpet Best Dressed List - February 22, 2015
- The Viral Video That Shows Why Moms Get Nothing Done - February 20, 2015
- 3 Things No One Tells You About Newborns - February 19, 2015
- Watch As Magic Ensues When Disney Characters Surprise Shoppers - February 18, 2015
- What To Do When The Whole Family is Sick - February 17, 2015
- Famous Words From U.S. Presidents - February 16, 2015