Has a snack attack ever hit you? You ever have a great plan that gets ambushed? You know how you walk into the kitchen with the smile of anticipation and open the pantry to get your favorite snack and it’s not there. After scratching your head a few times and muttering “now I know I left it right there” out loud the realization slowly hits you. It’s been stolen. Yep. There is a snack thief on the loose. The suspects? A gentlemen that loves to hog the remote, a little one that is currently bouncing off the walls or in my case a kindly older woman who has the evidence on her chin and doesn’t know it. The gig is up. I see the cookies crumbs on your chin Ma.
My mom’s got it bad. She’s a sneaky snacker. Do you sneak and snack? Are you one of those kind? You don’t have to be. I finally had to do it. I had to bring my Mom in. We had to have the mano a mano. Here’s the deal: Snacking sometimes gets a bad reputation. In reality smart snacking can be great for your diet and your weight. Eating small meals will help speed up your metabolism, which is important in losing weight. In addition, you can boost your nutrition by adding the right nutrient filled snacks into your diet. You will have more stamina throughout the day and at mealtime, you will also be less likely to overeat as you had proper nutrition throughout the day.
The only time sneaky snacking is bad is when you daughter had her mouth ready for some animal crackers and they are gone. In this case you may want to head out to the store because you won’t like me when I’m angry.
Here’s some tasty healthy snacks to stock up on (while you’re there).
- My favorite! I’ve gotta start with my favorite this snack feels more like a appetizer. 1 oz buffalo mozzarella, 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 100 Calorie Goodness. There are many 100 calorie snacks on the market now that will help you maintain portion control try 100 Calorie Kettle Corn
- Nuts. Let’s call a spade a spade. Sometimes we just want something to do and food is it. Keep yourself occupied while filling up on a nutritious snack. Buy some shelled peanuts get some newspaper and have at it.
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait – Keep it interesting by adding your favorite fruits to low fat yogurt.
- Animal Crackers – If you are hungry enough to eat a cow, eat 15 of them in the animal crackers
- Live & Learn Subscription Box Style: POPSUGAR Must Have Box October 2016 - October 27, 2016
- It’s Official! ‘That’s So Raven’ Is Coming Back To TV! - October 27, 2016
- Why You Have To Visit A Pumpkin Farm With Your Kids In Fall! - October 26, 2016
- The ‘Muppet Babies’ Are Coming Back To TV On Disney Junior! - October 26, 2016
- Ciara And Russell Wilson Confirm They Are Expecting! - October 26, 2016
- Behind The Scenes Scoop On ABC TV’s Tuesday Night Comedy Closer ‘The Real O’Neal’s’ #ABCTVEvent - October 25, 2016
- Live & Learn Photos Of The Week! - October 25, 2016
- 86 Year Old Grandma Slays On Her Wedding Day! - October 24, 2016
- Everything You Need To See From The Doctor Strange Premiere #DoctorStrangeEvent - October 21, 2016
- Benedict Cumberbatch And Sophie Hunter Expecting Baby #2! #DoctorStrangeEvent - October 21, 2016