The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the controversial health care law championed by President Barack Obama. The 5-4 ruling by the high court is deemed one of the most significant cases in its history. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) is being called the biggest accomplishment of Obama’s presidency.
President Obama’s goal is to ensure medical coverage to nearly everyone, including the 50 million uninsured. The landmark decision will impact the lives of every American. The Supreme Court decided the individual mandate requiring people to have health insurance is valid as a tax. The ruling allows the government to continue implementing the health care law, which doesn’t take full effect until 2014. The ruling will prohibit insurers from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions and allow parents to keep their children on family policies to the age of 26.
- What The Zellweger? The Beauty Of Her Response To Ugly Comments - October 22, 2014
- Halloween Hacks For Moms - October 21, 2014
- Oscar De La Renta’s Best Fashion Moments - October 21, 2014
- What Is Ebola? The Q&A You Want To Know - October 20, 2014
- Why I’m A Nutcase Mom - October 17, 2014
- That’s So Wrong Raven! - October 13, 2014
- Hollywood Divas Premiere On TV One - October 8, 2014
- Kelly Rowland Elle Maternity Shoot (Godmazing!) - October 8, 2014
- I’m A Biotic Woman (And You Should Be Too!) - October 8, 2014
- Blake Lively’s Adorable Pregnancy Announcement - October 6, 2014