The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the controversial health care law championed by President Barack Obama. The 5-4 ruling by the high court is deemed one of the most significant cases in its history. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) is being called the biggest accomplishment of Obama’s presidency.
President Obama’s goal is to ensure medical coverage to nearly everyone, including the 50 million uninsured. The landmark decision will impact the lives of every American. The Supreme Court decided the individual mandate requiring people to have health insurance is valid as a tax. The ruling allows the government to continue implementing the health care law, which doesn’t take full effect until 2014. The ruling will prohibit insurers from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions and allow parents to keep their children on family policies to the age of 26.
- Remembering The King Of Pop - August 29, 2016
- New On Netflix! You May Not Emerge From Your Home Until October - August 27, 2016
- Animal Adventures And Thrills Await At Marineland Canada - August 26, 2016
- Usher, Sugar Ray Leonard, Beyonce, Jay Z And More At The Hands Of Stone Premiere - August 23, 2016
- 5 Tweets That Sum Up Rape Culture - August 23, 2016
- Meet History Making Olympic Mom Nia Ali - August 19, 2016
- Historic Olympic Sweep! U.S. Women Win 1-2-3 In The 100-Meter Hurdles - August 18, 2016
- Stephen Joseph: The Mom Approved Backpacks Your Kids Will Love - August 17, 2016
- Simone Biles’ Adoption Story Will Bring You To Tears - August 16, 2016
- Usain Bolt Is Winning The Olympics And The Internet With His Running While Smiling Memes - August 16, 2016