Rosa Parks contribution to the very fabric of our nation is tenable. But the mother’s of the civil rights movement encountered some hard times when she was assaulted and robbed at the age of 81 in her hometown of Detroit.
That’s when Detroit billionaire Mitch Ilitch learned of her plight in the newspaper and that the federal judge on the case Damon Keith was looking for a safer place for Mrs. Parks to live.
Mr. Ilitch called the judge and told him that he would pay her rent…indefinitely. Mr. Ilitch went on to pay Rosa Parks’ rent for the last 11 years of her life.
Damon Keith said, “It’s important that people know what Mr. Mike Ilitch did for Ms. Rosa Parks because it’s symbolic of what he has always done for the people of our city.”
Ilitch passed away last week at the age of 87. The former Marine and minor league baseball player was born and raised in Detroit and went on to become the owner of the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Tigers.
- Olaf’s Frozen Adventure Is Hitting Theaters And You Won’t Be Able To Let It Go! - November 15, 2017
- New Songs From Olaf’s Frozen Adventure - November 15, 2017
- Disney Pixar’s “Coco” Pretty Premiere Pictures! - November 9, 2017
- My Thor Ragnarok Red Carpet Experience #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 4, 2017
- THOR RAGNAROK Fun Facts! #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 3, 2017
- THOR RAGNAROK Is Marvel Movie Magic: Review #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 3, 2017
- The Lion King Remakes Full Cast And Their Character Pictures - November 2, 2017
- Beyonce Announces She Is In Lion King! We And The Rest Of The World Freak Out - November 2, 2017
- THOR RAGNAROK’s Tessa Thompson Wants An All Female Superhero Film And We’re Here For It #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 1, 2017
- THOR RAGNAROK – Press Conference Inside Scoop #ThorRagnarokEvent - November 1, 2017