How do you solve a problem like Maria? There is something about Maria Shriver that we can all identify with. The announced separation of Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger has caused a tidal wave of her side and his side arguments. The couple who announced their separation after 25 years of marriage, did so after news that Arnold had fathered a child during his marriage with another woman. The great split. Her problem, or Our problem?
Our faithfulness to obligations, duties and observances has plummeted. From service to our community and country, to the workplace, church and yes, in our relationships. And in truth, the infidelity has occurred on both sides. The rise of infidelity across this spectrum means that almost everyone is affected. And hence, everyone has an opinion.
And the great split continues. We are split on just about everything these days, from faith to politics and everything in between. His and her sides. But what about the simple side of what’s just right and what’s just wrong. Minus the spin doctoring and excuses. And when it is wrong what about owning that? What about compassion and forgiveness? What about repentance and moving on?
So how do you solve a problem like Maria’s? Or yours, our mine, or the countries? Maria Shriver’s own example is a start. The grace and power that Maria Shriver has shown during this time is a lesson for us all. Maria announced on her twitter page that she is doesn’t feel alone going through her separation from Arnold Schwarzenegger. “Thank you for all the kindness, support and compassion,” she wrote to her Twitter fans. “I am humbled by the love. Thank you.” Hurt can be followed by healing.
This is not to underscore that splits will occur. But, what about an amicable split? This is not to underscore the taking of sides. It is to underscore that there is only one side. At least there is only one side that should be an option for us all. The right side.
- Queen For A Day! My #QueenOfKatwe Red Carpet Experience #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 23, 2016
- Walt Disney Records Releases The Soundtrack For Queen of Katwe, Including The Hit #1 Spice #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 23, 2016
- I’m Going To The Queen Of Katwe Premiere! And You’re Invited #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 16, 2016
- Dascha Polanco Star Of #OITNB Steps Out To #NYFW With No Pants…And Kills It - September 16, 2016
- Storm Reid To Star Alongside Oprah Winfrey In Ava DuVernay’s A WRINKLE IN TIME - September 15, 2016
- Watch Steve Harvey Hilariously Meet His Lookalike - September 15, 2016
- Queen Of Katwe Cast On The TIFF Red Carpet! #QueenOfKatweEvent - September 14, 2016
- Live And Learn Woman On The Move: PR Maven Helen C. Shelton - September 14, 2016
- Celebrate #RoaldDahlDay With His Best Quotes - September 13, 2016
- The Online Fashion Event Of The Year Is Here! #KiaStyle360NYFW Twitter Party 9/12 - September 11, 2016