How do you solve a problem like Maria? There is something about Maria Shriver that we can all identify with. The announced separation of Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger has caused a tidal wave of her side and his side arguments. The couple who announced their separation after 25 years of marriage, did so after news that Arnold had fathered a child during his marriage with another woman. The great split. Her problem, or Our problem?
Our faithfulness to obligations, duties and observances has plummeted. From service to our community and country, to the workplace, church and yes, in our relationships. And in truth, the infidelity has occurred on both sides. The rise of infidelity across this spectrum means that almost everyone is affected. And hence, everyone has an opinion.
And the great split continues. We are split on just about everything these days, from faith to politics and everything in between. His and her sides. But what about the simple side of what’s just right and what’s just wrong. Minus the spin doctoring and excuses. And when it is wrong what about owning that? What about compassion and forgiveness? What about repentance and moving on?
So how do you solve a problem like Maria’s? Or yours, our mine, or the countries? Maria Shriver’s own example is a start. The grace and power that Maria Shriver has shown during this time is a lesson for us all. Maria announced on her twitter page that she is doesn’t feel alone going through her separation from Arnold Schwarzenegger. “Thank you for all the kindness, support and compassion,” she wrote to her Twitter fans. “I am humbled by the love. Thank you.” Hurt can be followed by healing.
This is not to underscore that splits will occur. But, what about an amicable split? This is not to underscore the taking of sides. It is to underscore that there is only one side. At least there is only one side that should be an option for us all. The right side.
- #NationalLipstickDay Tutorial How To Get The Perfect Red Lips - July 29, 2015
- Remembering Bobbi Kristina And Learning From Her Passing - July 26, 2015
- The Reality Of Growing Up With Glasses (LOL Memes!) - July 21, 2015
- One Brilliant (And Free) Cure To “I’m Bored!” - July 20, 2015
- The Scoop On #NationalIceCreamDay Freebies - July 19, 2015
- All About Ant-Man #AntManEvent - July 18, 2015
- How To Fake A Bang. No Cut Techniques! - July 17, 2015
- 2015 Primetime Emmy Award Nominations List - July 16, 2015
- 2015 Espy Awards Red Carpet Arrivals - July 15, 2015
- You Win Some, You Learn Some! Words To Grow By - July 15, 2015