How do you solve a problem like Maria? There is something about Maria Shriver that we can all identify with. The announced separation of Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger has caused a tidal wave of her side and his side arguments. The couple who announced their separation after 25 years of marriage, did so after news that Arnold had fathered a child during his marriage with another woman. The great split. Her problem, or Our problem?
Our faithfulness to obligations, duties and observances has plummeted. From service to our community and country, to the workplace, church and yes, in our relationships. And in truth, the infidelity has occurred on both sides. The rise of infidelity across this spectrum means that almost everyone is affected. And hence, everyone has an opinion.
And the great split continues. We are split on just about everything these days, from faith to politics and everything in between. His and her sides. But what about the simple side of what’s just right and what’s just wrong. Minus the spin doctoring and excuses. And when it is wrong what about owning that? What about compassion and forgiveness? What about repentance and moving on?
So how do you solve a problem like Maria’s? Or yours, our mine, or the countries? Maria Shriver’s own example is a start. The grace and power that Maria Shriver has shown during this time is a lesson for us all. Maria announced on her twitter page that she is doesn’t feel alone going through her separation from Arnold Schwarzenegger. “Thank you for all the kindness, support and compassion,” she wrote to her Twitter fans. “I am humbled by the love. Thank you.” Hurt can be followed by healing.
This is not to underscore that splits will occur. But, what about an amicable split? This is not to underscore the taking of sides. It is to underscore that there is only one side. At least there is only one side that should be an option for us all. The right side.
- Here’s Why You Will Love The New Pixar Animated Short ‘Lou’ #Cars3Event - June 23, 2017
- BET Pre Awards Party Highlights! #BeTheGlow - June 23, 2017
- Cars 3 Director Brian Fee and Producer Kevin Reher Reveal Details About The Hit Film #Cars3Event - June 22, 2017
- Get Your Glow On At The BET Experience With AT&T #BeTheGlow - June 21, 2017
- Everything You Need To Know About #SummerOfHeroes At Disney California Adventure Park #Cars3Event - June 20, 2017
- EXCLUSIVE: Cars 3 Cast Interview With Nathan Fillion, Larry The Cable Guy and More! #Cars3Event - June 19, 2017
- Man Up! Great Gifts To Celebrate Dad - June 17, 2017
- Cars 3 Must Have Toys! #Cars3Event - June 16, 2017
- Disney Store Revs Up for Summer Play Days #Cars3Event - June 16, 2017
- EXCLUSIVE: Cars 3 Cast Interview With Cristela Alonzo, Kerry Washington and More! #Cars3Event - June 15, 2017