The first day of summer has arrived and along with it soaring temperatures. June 20 is summer solstice which marks the first official day of summer. Now for me 90 degrees is no problem as I am always ready for some sun. But I say that as I type away in an air conditioned room looking at the blazing sun and not standing in it.
But sooner rather than later I will be getting out celebrating the first official day of summer. Summer solstice is the longest day of the entire year but with that much sun and these types of temperatures some tips for staying cool are in order.
Go to a place where you can get relief from the heat after a few hours like air conditioned libraries, theaters and the mall. Now I am not saying where I will be but the mall seems like a good a place as any.
And speaking of the mall don’t you love those light and brightly colored maxi dresses popping up everywhere? Well those bright colors aren’t just for fashions sake. Light colored clothing reflects like whereas dark colored clothing absorbs it. You will stay cooler in lightweight, loose-fitting and light colored clothing.
Take a dip in the pool or a run through the sprinklers. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Staying hydrated also means choosing your choice of beverage that doesn’t contain alcohol. Alcoholic beverages actually dehydrate your body. Keeping your shades drawn and windows covered will help your home stay cooler. If you don’t have air conditioning using an electric fan will help evaporate perspiration and circulate air in your home.
- Which One Is The Mom? Viral Photo Mystery Solved! - February 6, 2016
- NAACP Awards Goodness! Everything You Want To Know, See and Hear - February 6, 2016
- My Heart Story - February 5, 2016
- On The Hustle - February 4, 2016
- DIY Homemade Wipes Recipe - February 4, 2016
- Quick Fix For Dry Mascara - February 4, 2016
- I Am His - February 4, 2016
- Here’s Why You Will Enjoy Disney On Ice “Let’s Celebrate” - January 29, 2016
- Sneak In A Workout - January 29, 2016
- Big Game Food Plan - January 29, 2016