As a Mom I love to support other Moms. So what could be bigger than supporting Mother Earth? In celebration of Earth Day we are sharing tips that we have lived and learned to be great for the environment and great for you.
Here’s 6 Ways To Celebrate Earth Day.
- Make Green – As in cash money green by recycling your old electronics. Electronic waste is creating an issue in landfills where the products can release toxins into the air. Items like cellphones contain precious metals which can be recycled. Moreover, you can bring your old cellphones into many retailers who will give you cash towards and upgrade on each phone that you bring in. In fact, you can earn cash or gift cards on most all of your old or obsolete electronics from computers to Ipods and more there is a broad spectrum of retailers that offer programs and companies that specialize such as Gazelle.
- Keep Making Green – Billions of people around the world will celebrate Earth Day. The most common activity is generally planting a tree. This is helpful to the environment as trees produce oxygen and help reduce air pollution. Planting something from a tree, sprout or flower can also be a fun activity that will keep your kids interested in the environment all year long as they continue to take care of it and watch it grow.
- Make Even More Green – Recyling items in your home will not only help the environment it will help your pocket book as well. Here’s three easy ways to earn cash from recycling: earn cash by recycling plastic bottles and cans, take clothing you or your family no longer where to your local consignment shop, donating old clothes, furniture and even cars to a charitable organization is a great tax write off at the end of the year.
- There’s A Theme Developing on This Make Green Thing – Apparently I got my mind on my money and there’s nothing wrong with that when it comes to thinking ways of profiting from helping the environment. You can actually save money on your energy bill by reducing your energy use and therefore allowing you to have a little more green to spend somewhere else. In the average home, 75 percent of the electricity used to power home electronics is consumed while the products are turned off. Turn off computers and other electronics when you are not using them. Unplugging other household electronics is also best when not in use.
- Park It – Park your car and walk or ride your bike to work or on your errands today. You will help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by cutting back on driving. You will also save money on gas. Carpooling or using public transportation are other great options. And speaking of parks this is a great day to get out and explore a local park with your family.
- (Reusable) Bag Lady – Billions of polyethylene plastic bags and paper bags are discarded annually. You can help reduce plastic and paper bag waste by using reusable bags. And if you are looking to save a little money on buying reusable bags how does free sound? Many grocery retailers give them away free on Earth Day.
- How To Stop Attracting Bad Things And Start Attracting Good Things - May 26, 2015
- Lance Gross And Rebecca Jefferson Wedding Photos! - May 25, 2015
- Everything About The Tomorrowland Movie - May 23, 2015
- Patriotic Food How To: Oreo Cookie Balls - May 23, 2015
- Letterman Love On His Last Late Show - May 21, 2015
- Watch Now: Nicki Minaj Featuring Beyonce ‘Feeling Myself’ - May 18, 2015
- Met Ball Beauties Bared It All - May 5, 2015
- Royal princess named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - May 4, 2015
- Tina Knowles Wedding Pictures Are Magical! - April 22, 2015
- The Journey #InspirationallyCrafted - April 9, 2015