After a long night of crying you can feel exhausted. Especially when it’s you and not the baby. Is my baby normal? This is the frantic question that has sent many a mom into a meltdown. You’ve waited 40 long weeks for babies arrival and dreamed of what he would look like. Will he have your eyes, daddy’s nose? No matter, you can’t wait to lay eyes on him. You know that your baby will be a sight for sore eyes when you finally meet. And he is. But just days after coming home your baby begins to develop unsightly issues from baby acne, swollen genitals to OMG breast buds.
Here’s what’s normal and here’s what not. It’s not abnormal for moms to panic and frequently quote “I’m coming to join you Elizabeth”. It is normal for babies to experience these issues. The good news mom is that these issues will not affect the health of your baby. On the first visit my daughter had to her pediatrician I nearly fainted when milk came out of her breasts. After picking me up off the floor my doctor assured me that this is completely normal. He even alerted me that this is not an issue only experienced by girls. Baby boys also can experience this.
Is my pip squeak going through puberty? A lot of babies less than 6 weeks old develop physical symptoms that mimic puberty. What’s to blame? Hormones. Moms pass on hormones to baby. It is common to see breast buds, vaginal discharge, swollen genitals and full-blown acnes for a few weeks. However, as babies hormone levels stabilize these issues begin to go away.
- This Little Girl’s Response To A Bully Calling Her Ugly Is Priceless - February 21, 2017
- The Touching Moments From The ABFF Honors You Have To See - February 20, 2017
- Grammys Full Winners List! - February 13, 2017
- The Best Of Al Jarreau - February 12, 2017
- My Heart Story - February 3, 2017
- My First Magazine Cover! Buffalo Healthy Living Magazine #Breathe - January 31, 2017
- Harlem Globetrotters Bring New Tour To Buffalo On Friday, Feb. 3 On The Heels Of Setting Nine Guinness World Records™ - February 2, 2017
- Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Character Posters - January 30, 2017
- Harlem Globetrotters Bring Smiles and Positive Messages To Area Youth - January 29, 2017
- Disney On Ice Presents Dare To Dream Review! - January 27, 2017