After a long night of crying you can feel exhausted. Especially when it’s you and not the baby. Is my baby normal? This is the frantic question that has sent many a mom into a meltdown. You’ve waited 40 long weeks for babies arrival and dreamed of what he would look like. Will he have your eyes, daddy’s nose? No matter, you can’t wait to lay eyes on him. You know that your baby will be a sight for sore eyes when you finally meet. And he is. But just days after coming home your baby begins to develop unsightly issues from baby acne, swollen genitals to OMG breast buds.
Here’s what’s normal and here’s what not. It’s not abnormal for moms to panic and frequently quote “I’m coming to join you Elizabeth”. It is normal for babies to experience these issues. The good news mom is that these issues will not affect the health of your baby. On the first visit my daughter had to her pediatrician I nearly fainted when milk came out of her breasts. After picking me up off the floor my doctor assured me that this is completely normal. He even alerted me that this is not an issue only experienced by girls. Baby boys also can experience this.
Is my pip squeak going through puberty? A lot of babies less than 6 weeks old develop physical symptoms that mimic puberty. What’s to blame? Hormones. Moms pass on hormones to baby. It is common to see breast buds, vaginal discharge, swollen genitals and full-blown acnes for a few weeks. However, as babies hormone levels stabilize these issues begin to go away.
- Win The Chance Of A Lifetime To Attend Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Premiere With Robert Downey Jr. - March 4, 2015
- All The Breathtaking Details About The Cinderella Movie And Premiere - March 4, 2015
- The Best Dress Tweets - March 2, 2015
- Perfect Day In Niagara USA! Where To Go And What To Do - February 26, 2015
- On The Hustle - February 26, 2015
- How To Wear High Heels - February 25, 2015
- Zendaya Locks Horns With Giuliana Rancic Over Oscar Hair Comment - February 24, 2015
- 2015 Oscars Red Carpet Best Dressed List - February 22, 2015
- The Viral Video That Shows Why Moms Get Nothing Done - February 20, 2015
- 3 Things No One Tells You About Newborns - February 19, 2015